- Last Updated on 11 February 2013
- Hits: 2966
Micro and small businesses can’t afford to have a Human Resources manager. Neither can not-for-profit organisations. Yet if they employ as much as one person, full or part time, they are employers and have to adhere to HR laws in Ireland.
- Do you have to have a contract of employment and what goes into them?
- Do they have to be tailor made for your business?
- What are the rules on annual holidays?
- What is the difference between bank holidays and public holidays?
- Do you have to pay for Good Friday?
- What happens if a person works a three day week, say Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and they are off on the day of a public holiday, do you have to pay them?
- Do you have to pay for sick days and if yes, how many?
- How do you put someone on short time?
- How many hours a week can a person work?
- How do you handle bullying and what is your responsibility?
- How do you sack someone?
- What about discrimination?
- How do you make someone redundant?
- How do you give them a pay reduction?
- How do you handle lateness?
- What happens if someone is permanently late?
- What’s the difference between a contract FOR employment and a contract OF employment and what does it mean to you?
These are just a tiny sample of questions you have to know the answers to and you are obliged to adhere to the law. You could end up in the labour court if you don’t.
The Synergy Group is here to be your HR department and advise you accordingly. We can agree a plan with you on either a long term basis, e.g. 12 months, or a project basis.
We can act for either the employer or employee.
What The Synergy Group can do for you:
- Act as your HR professional.
- If you are an employee, we can act on your behalf in conflict situations.
- If you are an employer, we can act on your behalf in conflict situations.
- Work on your behalf relative to Labour Court, Labour Relations Commission, etc.
- Prepare terms of employment, sick pay schemes, etc.
- Act as an impartial person in relation to conflicts, e.g. bullying, etc.
- Help with annual appraisals.
- Do your wages for you.
- Assist you with downsizing, layoffs, redundancy, short time, etc.
- Assist you with preparing job descriptions and personnel specifications.
- Assist with job interviews and selection of people to fill a role.
Contact The Synergy Group and we will examine your Human Resource requirements. We will look at what you need to do, what you want to do and we will pull together a plan with you.
T: +353 1 8215189
F: +353 1 8215191
M: +353 87 2326927