- Last Updated on 13 March 2013
- Hits: 2416
Not for Profit Organisations
A not for profit organisation has the same duties and responsibilities as a commercial organisation.
In some cases they have more, e.g. if they may be a company limited by guarantee.
In general, the Community and Voluntary NFP has a management board of volunteers, who, in general, may not have business and management skills. They sit on the board with the best of intentions relative to their personal goals. For example, they may sit on a community drugs team, annual carnival organisation, children’s needs, family resource centre, etc.
The NFP may employ people, they are handling money, have similar marketing needs as their commercial cousins, may have to fundraise, etc. In other words, just because they are NFPs does not mean they don’t have to have business and management skills.
In The Synergy Group, we have the skills in this area and have sat on NFP’s for many years as board members as well as setting them up. We have the skills of operating on both sides of the table. Therefore we can relate to the needs of the operational side equally as much as the management board.
What The Synergy Group can do for you:
- Guide and assist the NFP to help achieve their goals.
- Work with your teams, both professional and voluntary, to achieve.
- Work with the Management Boards to assist them in their role as management teams.
- Prepare the organisation for merging with another.
- Examine funding
- Act as your very own management specialists, e.g. weekly wages, HR, accounts, PR, etc.
- Review your performance prior to you meeting your funders.
- Prepare the organisation for the uncertain future.
- Help them to meet their legal duties and responsibilities.
- Explain your transition to a company limited by guarantee and set it up for you.
- Help you bridge the gaps between community, voluntary, professional and business.
T: +353 1 8215189
F: +353 1 8215191
M: +353 87 2326927