- Last Updated on 03 October 2014
- Hits: 6595
There are many different types of company and you may want to form them for different reasons. Some people automatically assume that a limited company is the way to go. Well, they could be wrong. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, different rules and regulations. There are duties and responsibilities you have to adhere to.
For a fee of only €79, we will bring you through the process, listen to what you want to do and generally give you the information which will allow you to make up your own mind.
Below are some of the different types of company:
- Business Names:
A business name can be formed by an individual (soletrader), a partnership and a limited company.
Where two or more people want to go into business together without forming a limited company, they form a partnership.
- Limited company:
There are four different types of limited company, limited by guarantee not having a share capital, limited by guarantee having a share capital, limited by shares and public limited companies.
- Single member companies.
- Unlimited companies – private and public
- Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS)
- European Economic Interest Groupings (EEIG)
- Societas Europaea (SE)
There are members, shareholders, directors and secretaries and they all have different roles with different duties and responsibilities. You have to be aware of them.
There are memorandum and articles of association. What are they and what is their significance?
Some questions we are regularly asked
What name can I use?
- Do you have to hold an AGM?
- When should you use your company seal and what does it mean?
- What returns do you have to send in, to whom and how often?
- Do you have to get an audit?
- What are the upfront costs and do you have ongoing costs?
- Are they different for each type of company?
- What are the main options for you and what are the advantages and disadvantages?
- If you are forming a partnership, do you have to have a partnership agreement?
- What about VAT?
- What rates do I charge?
- Do I have to charge VAT?
- Do I have to register?
- Do I have to register as an employer?
These are only a few of the questions you have to have answers to before you make a decision.
What The Synergy Group can do for you:
- Give you the information to allow you to make an informed decision.
- Form the company for you.
- Help you with your partnership agreements.
- Help you with your returns.
- Give you a choice of accountants, auditors and bookkeepers to choose from.
- Explain about VAT relative to your business.
- Explain about registering as an employer.
- Provide you with company secretarial services.
- Give you a virtual office and address.
- Explain about charitable status.
- Help both commercial and not for profit companies.
Call The Synergy Group to get a free overview of your situation and we will advise you on a way forward. Then, if you wish, we will hold your hand to make sure it works.
T: +353 1 8215189
F: +353 1 8215191
M: +353 87 2326927