This applies to the ‘normal’ Dragons Den as well as Junior Dragons Den. To be eligible to apply to Juniors Dragons Den you must be at least 12 years of age at the time of applying and not have your 18th birthday falling prior to 1st March 2014 i.e. anyone who will reach 18 years of age prior to 1st March 2014 is not eligible for Junior Dragons Den.
Dragons Den is open to small businesses, start-ups and second and third level students with a great business idea.
One of the things we have noted in some presentations in the past is that some people are badly prepared. They don’t do their ideas and businesses justice.
If you want help with your preparation and presentation please call The Synergy Group for professional assistance and guidance. Remember also, that your form has to be filled in to a standard that gets you contacted.
Call Bob at The Synergy Group
10 quick tips for Pitching are below
- Preparation is key. Research your idea thoroughly. Have all the facts, figures and other information you need on the tip of your tongue.
- Tailor your pitch to the Dragons. Why should they care? What’s in it for them? How are they going to make a return on their investment?
- Structure your pitch in a story format: wow opening, three main points with relevant examples, close with summary and call to action.
- Keep your pitch as simple as possible. Don’t over-complicate it.
- Practice your pitch as often as possible, but don’t learn it off by heart! People are more inclined to ‘go blank’ if they learn it off.
- Be confident in your posture, gesture and eye contact.
- Make your pitch more interesting to listen to by varying the pitch and pace of your voice. Use pause and emphasis.
- Nerves are normal – just manage them. Breathe, think positive and focus on the message.
- Be passionate about your idea. If you’re not excited, how do you expect the Dragons to be?
- Be yourself – allow your personality to shine! Dragons invest in people.